Yamaha CA50 & CV80 Riders Forum Forum Index Yamaha CA50 & CV80 Riders Forum
Chat about the Yamaha CA50 (Salient, Riva 50) and CV80 (Beluga, Riva 80).

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who Wants JDM Blinkers?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Yamaha CA50 & CV80 Riders Forum Forum Index -> The Flea Market
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DandyDan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:55 pm    Post subject: Who Wants JDM Blinkers? Reply with quote

I've contacted an acquaintance of mine in Japan who provides a service shipping Japanese scooter parts to the deprived people in the rest of the world. He has done some research for me and he's able to buy brand new front 'winkers' from Yamaha for the Beluga. Yup these are those super nice flushmount ones you've been seeing in your dreams.

These are pretty expensive so I don't expect anyone else will want a set, but if you do speak up now, because you're not going to get many more opportunities like this. I'm paying $38/blinker plus shipping from Japan, so about $100 total. If anyone else wants a set you'd be looking at $76 for the 2 blinkers plus another $10 for shipping to you from me....so about $86 bucks total (possibly more if duty gets charged).

Anyways, I need to know in the next day or two. Here are some pictures of these nice blinkers vs. the stock ones.

Ugly North American Blinkers:

Sexy JDM Blinkers:

The thought of having that glove box is appealing strongly to me too! Perhaps I'll work on ordering that after this gets settled. I'm just a bit nervous about that because there's probably a lot of pieces involved and it would be a shame to get 3/4 of what's needed for a glovebox setup.

Last edited by DandyDan on Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
luke racin
Beluga Legend

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any other parts possible?
apart from the ever elusive windshield and rare LH mirror what i'll probably be interested in would be a fuel cock/pump gasket
DandyDan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He should be able to get any part that Yamaha Japan still sells....so anything that hasn't been discontinued. I would imagine you could get the LH mirror and fuel cock gasket but those parts should also be available from a European Yamaha dealer I would think? Have you tried ordering through your local Yammy dealer? Stuff from Japan is usually more expensive and if it's been discontinued in Europe, it's probably discontinued in Japan too since there's probably only one factory that makes any given part.

The windshield might be a good thing to see if he can get because perhaps that wasn't sold in Europe? There are way more OEM accessories available in Japan than the rest of the world for scooters. For the Beluga there was the windshield, tennis racket rack, rear storage container etc.

If you're serious about wanting the windscreen then let me know and I'll ask him to check into it. I would imagine that you're looking at $50-$100 for the windscreen though and then shipping from Japan to Europe would be another $30 or so I'd guess. That's a total guess though. I would check into getting it from your local Yammy dealer first in case it's available there.

About the fuel cock gasket, I have a spare fuel cock that I removed from my Beluga. Do you need just the gasket or the whole thing? I'd sell you mine for cheap but shipping to Europe is likely still $20 or so.
luke racin
Beluga Legend

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really serious about the windshield... Wink tried it around here and if it were possible at all it would be the same story around... they would have to ship it from Japan plu their fee Wink So if I can get it almost directly I'm up for it... Very Happy about the fuel cock I will post a more seriuos topic in the restoration section... It might be a simple fix I hope Wink
DandyDan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay I'll check into the windshield for ya Cool
luke racin
Beluga Legend

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm... if you could ask about the rear storage container ... that would be nice of you Wink
DandyDan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay Very Happy
DandyDan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got word that my Japanese contact received my blinkers and mailed them my way today Cool

I should be sporting the JDM style in about 2 weeks Razz
DandyDan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I should conclude this thread by posting up a pic of the finished product. I'm very happy with these blinkers...they totally change and clean up the look of the front end.

These JDM blinkers are very easy to install. The only issue I encountered was that the blinker wires had a wierd plug on the end of them so I just snipped that off and crimped on some appropriately sized bullet connectors so I could plug the wires into my wiring harness. The JDM blinkers have appropriately coloured wires so it's easy to plug it in.

berlinami
Master Wrench

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are these still available? I'd be interested. Two questions though, does the distributor take Euros and does he ship to Europe? I'd need some sort of verified shipping as I've had international orders get stuck in German customs sometimes.
DandyDan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the blinkers through this guy....he's not taking orders right now though:
http://www.tokyoscooter.com/
berlinami
Master Wrench

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bummer. not even taking emails. any idea where he sourced them? he lists some online shops, but they're awful hard to navigate when you can't read japanese.
DandyDan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He just ordered them at his local Yamaha dealer. If you know anyone in Japan they could do the same. Presumably, anyone that lives in a country where these were sold (some European countries got them) could get them from Yamaha. You can't order them from Yamaha outside of these countries because their parts systems aren't setup to order parts that were never sold in that country.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Yamaha CA50 & CV80 Riders Forum Forum Index -> The Flea Market All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: